The Black and White Long exposure Masterclass Video tutorial created in association with FOTOTV.DE (world’s largest WebTV about photography) has been released in May 2013 and is my first video tutorial series. This video tutorial will guide you step-by-step through my digital Black and White workflow using my own self-developed method of iterative Selective Gradient Masking or iSGM. An influential method that is now used by many award-winning black and white photographers all over the world and arguably the first structured method for digital B&W processing. It’s the predecessor of the Speed Workflow (iSGM2.0) method. At the same time I will give you a look at how I approach architectural and landscape photography using Long exposure techniques out in the field. Read more on this video tutorial here or scroll down this page to read a selection of testimonials on the video. You can buy the video tutorial online at the Fastspring webshop.
A few of the topics discussed and demonstrated in this video:
- Seascape Long exposure photography at the famous Zeeland Bridge in the Netherlands
- Architectural Long exposure photography in Rotterdam
- A step-by-step demonstration of my iterative Selective Gradient Masking technique – iSGM.
- Creating presence in your photos to create depth and a 3-D look to your images.
- Creating selections for masks
- Use of the curves tool as an essential tool for B&W post-processing techniques.
- A step-by-step demonstration of my complete B8W post-processing workflow using all my techniques.
- An interview with Joel Tjintjelaar and much more.
A complete table of contents can be found here.